Blankey was lost and now..... FOUND!
Cooper and I went to Wal-Mart because we needed groceries & other stuff yesterday morning. It is NOT my favorite place to go. Always crowded and something ALWAYS happens. After 5-10 min. in the store and me being on the phone with my friend Abby, I realized Cooper had DROPPED his blankey.(Bad Momma!) I frantically retraced my path at least 5 times and visited the lost & found at least 3 times. Nothing!
Cooper has had his "little giraffe" blankey since before he was born. It was a gift from John's first cousin and family and he has been devoted to it since he could hold it in his hands. Of course, we have 2 others. Same brand, but not the same material or color and definitely not as loved (worn)!! He is never far from his blankey!
(yesterday, on the way back to Wal-Mart with other blankey!)
As you can imagine, I was REALLY panicking at this time. Plus, it was nap time and as I thought, he cried himself to sleep after 45 minutes of crying out "old blankey"! I was devastated and felt sick. I thought blankey was GONE!
John's mom, Bummy, came by after her haircut on her way home. She felt my pain, and so we hopped in the car and went back to Wal-Mart. After thinking about it for SEVEN hours, I knew it HAD to be there. We were on our hands and knees searching everywhere and IT WAS THERE!! We retraced my steps(again) and it was on a shelf sticking out of a box. I saw it from a distance and stopped in my tracks. I had been to that same spot 10 times before. We celebrated in the middle of the isle and Cooper acted as if nothing had happened. Eventually he said over and over, "Momma found it!" I was SO relieved!



No comments:
Post a Comment